In terms of the development directions adopted in the Company’s Strategy, investments focus on projects leading to improved efficiencies in the core production business. The investment policy of KGHM Polska Miedź S.A. is based on advancing the Company’s five-year investment plan, enabling execution of the long-term production plan.
The Company continues to advance key mining and metallurgical investments, such as:
- The Deposit Access Program (Deep Głogów along with access and development tunnels)
- Development of the Żelazny Most Tailings Storage Facility
- Investment projects supporting drainage of the Polkowice-Sieroszowice Mine
- Investment projects adapting metallurgical installations to BAT conclusions for the non-ferrous metals industry and to restrict emissions of arsenic (BAT-As)
- Projects optimizing the utilisation of Legnica Hybrid Smelter’s production capacity (using the existing infrastructure and expanding it to increase its processing of scrap)
- Investment projects related to replacing equipment and optimisation at the Głogów I Copper Smelter and Refinery
In addition, with respect to development of the domestic resource base, the Company conducted further exploration work under the existing concessions for deposit prospecting and exploration.
The directions adopted also include the advancement of actions under the circular economy concept. Additionally the Company continues to engage in the work on new smart technologies and production management systems based on online communication between elements of the production process and advanced data analysis, in accordance with the assumptions for the KGHM 4.0 Strategic Program.
The Company is also intensifying actions aimed at improving energy efficiency through investments in its own generating capacity, in particular those which have little to no emissions. Investment projects were also commenced in the photovoltaic energy sector. In accordance with the current Strategy of the Group for the years 2019-23, it is expected that by the end of 2030, 50% of KGHM Polska Miedź S.A.’s demand for electricity is to be met by its own sources of energy generation and renewable energy sources.